Thursday, May 04, 2006

NHL Round Two Playoff Predictions

Well the second round of the NHL playoffs begin tomorrow and it is time for my predictions. So here we go.

Eastern Conference

(1) Ottawa vs. (4) Buffalo
Pick: Ottawa Senators in Six

(2) Carolina vs. (3) New Jersey
Pick: New Jersey Devils in Six

This makes for a great third round matchup... Ottawa is still my pick to win the Cup, but the Devils are on fire!!!

Western Conference

(5) San Jose vs. (8) Edmonton
Pick: Edmonton Oilers in Seven

Hmm this is a tough one to pick. I am a diehard Oilers fan and they are playing fantastic, but San Jose has been on a terror. If the Oilers can take a physical game to the Sharks then they should be able to move on. I think that the winner of this series will represent the West in the Stanley Cup Finals. I hope that I don't jinx the Oilers by picking them to win.

(6) Anaheim vs. (7) Colorado
Pick: Colorado Avalanche in Six

I still cannot believe that Colorado took out Dallas. Personally I would like to see Anaheim win this series, but Joe Sakic is a great playoff performer and the Avs have more of a veteran team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home